Okay, let me do a review about a new song sung by a new leading artist Katy Perry. I am going to talk about her third single, Thinking of you.
Video:
Lyrics:
Comparisons are easily done Once you've had a taste of perfection Like an apple hanging from a tree I picked the ripest one I still got the seed
You said move on Where do I go I guess second best Is all I will know
Cause when I'm with him I am thinking of you Thinking of you What you would do if You were the one Who was spending the night Oh I wish that I Was looking into your eyes.
You're like an Indian summer In the middle of a winter Like a hard candy With a surprise center How do I get better Once I've had the best You said there's Tons of fish in the water So the water's I will test
He kissed my lips I taste your mouth He pulled me in I was disgusted with myself
Cause when I'm with him I am thinking of you Thinking of you What do I do would do if You were the one Who was spending the night Oh I wish that I Was looking into
You're the best And yes I do regret How I could let myself Let you go Now the lesson's learned I touched it I was burned Oh I think you should know
Cause when I'm with him I am thinking of you Thinking of you What you would do if You were the one Who was spending the night Oh I wish that I Was looking into your eyes Looking into your eyes Looking into your eyes Oh won't you walk through And bust in the door And take me away Oh no more mistakes Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay.
This song basically reflects her feelings after a break up with her true love ( Matt Dalas) and being with a new guy ( Anderson Davis ). From the lyrics we can understand that her ex-boyfriend ditched her, and even after he left her and she being together with her new boyfriend, she finds it hard to forget him "he kissed my lips I taste your mouth" and "i'm with him and I'm thinking of you"
She also regrets letting him go and she feel wrongful for doing it. "You said there's Tons of fish in the water" is a common saying for either a guy or girl when ditching their partner, and asking them to move on. Here in this song she says that "she will test the water" as contridicting her ex-lover, by not trusting his words "tons of fishes in the water" because we are forced to believe she can't forget him.
And in the end of the song, she lets audience know what she wants from him "won't you walk through And bust in the door And take me away" She wants him to come back to her, and take her with him.
Summarising this song: Its a song of a young girl being ditched by her true love, and she moving on yet holding back the ended relationship.
HOWEVER:
The video is very very sad. Throughout the video young Katy Perry will be in her room reminiscing about her past love with her current boyfriend around trying to make out with her. She potrays that she can't forget her ex love and be as normal with her new boyfriend. And in the video, her ex-boyfriend will be in military and he will be shot in the chest. Katy will receive a letter and she will dress up to go for the funeral. The ending part is very sad and heart wrenching. And throughout her video she will be wering fake eye leashes and her heel will be super long. Real killer heels.
Yup by now you would have know how bored I am to review songs, but this song is really very nice. Gotta go off to bed soon. AND yep MAJOOOOOOR UPDATE, I got a slightly more perm, and a better paying job in PSA. Description of the job is kept secret =p.
Outing on 16 May 2009, was more than fantastic. Went smoothly as planned. Watched Angels and Demons. Muhahahahaha chooooo HAPPY. Now i got to buy alot of stuff with my pay. When am I going to get my PAY! hahahaha havent even start job, talking about pay. SILLY ME!
Thursday is course. Think my course should be for a week or two. Hopefully it goes well!!!!!
I need new clothes and shorts. Buy for me!
OH Bryan's car crash going to cost him 96k! Damn that bitch. He should be able to pay up, but I wonder when. Hopefully doesn screw up his savings.